Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting in Montréal: Registration is now open!
Interested in the topic of over-diagnosis? Want to find out how this approach to medicine could affect your practice? Want to be able to discuss it with your patients? It’s time to register for the 4th Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting, which will take place on Monday, May 27 at Centre Mont-Royal, in Montréal. In partnership with the Canadian Medical Association and co‑hosted by the Québec Medical Association, the event will be held under the theme Taking Action.
The group facilitators are looking forward to interacting with you during the following workshops:
- Hospital Implementation (quality improvement): Sébastien Landry, Director of Medical Services, Hôpital Montfort, and Dr. Jeremy Friedman, Pediatrician, SickKids Hospital
- Audit and Feedback (measurement and evaluation): Dr. Kelly Burak, Gastroenterologist, and Dr. Shawn Dowling, Emergency Physician, both from University of Calgary
- De-implementation (deprescribing): Jeremy Grimshaw, Implementation Scientist, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Teaching and Learning Choosing Wisely at the Undergraduate Level (medical education): Dr. Kimberly Wintemute, Family Physician, North York General Family Health Team
- Patient and Public Engagement (patient engagement): Dr. Karen Born, Knowledge Translation Team, and Amy Ma, Patient Advison, both from Choosing Wisely Canada
Note that the event will be accredited (CPD) and that simultaneous interpretation will be available.
Register now to reserve your place. All past editions of the annual Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting have sold out!
- Registration before April 1: $175
- Registration after April 1: $200 (until full)
To register: https://choosingwiselycanada.org/cwc2019/
We look forward to discussing deprescribing and the appropriateness of care with you!