Physician executives group
Québec’s health care system is going through the greatest transformation it has seen in 30 years. This shift means that the directors of professional services (DPSs) and physician executives must acquire the tools to carry out their role adequately in the new structures and contribute effectively to the optimal organization of services for the public and patients. To meet these needs, the QMA has decided to create a physician executives group. Like the future changes to Québec’s health care system, the content of the site and the services that the QMA is offering for physician executives will evolve to adapt to their new needs and provide improved support.
Position statement document
Click here to open the document (in French only).
The purpose of the group is to offer physician executives a suitable place for discussion and exchange in order to reinforce the medical values underlying the management aspect of their work. It offers support to help with organizing services and managing medical affairs focused on renewed clinical governance, enabling them to acquire the tools needed to:
- Coordinate medical activities
- Organize services and manage clinical sectors
- Continue to improve quality
It also encourages physicians to get involved in the strategic management of institutions in order to foster a medical administrative partnership. Furthermore, it supports them in developing policies and action plans related to organizing and delivering quality clinical services.
- Dre Régine Blackburn, chef par intérim du département de médecine familiale du CHU de Québec – Université Laval.
- Dre Aline Boulanger, directrice du Centre d’expertise de la douleur chronique du CHUM et directrice de la Clinique de la douleur à l’Hôpital du Sacré-Cœur de Montréal.
- Dre Suzanne Gosselin, Directrice des services professionnels adjointe - soutien au partenariat médical et à la première ligne, CIUSSS de l'Estrie, Professeur titulaire, département de médecine de famille, Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé, Université de Sherbrooke.
- Dre Michèle Pelletier, membre du CA de l’AMQ
- Dr Daniel Roux, responsable du groupe de médecine familiale, clinique Nouvelle-Beauce.
- Dr Daniel Tardif, PDGA, CIUSSS de l’Outaouais
Physician Manager Leadership Award
The Physician Manager Leadership Award recognizes the leadership of a physician manager in the implementation of an innovative project or an innovative way to affecting the medico-administrative partnership, clinical governance, organization of services, influence or performance of the institution where he works or in the middle of practice.
For more info about the QMA Excellence Awards, click on the link below.