Charlevoix - Courses and CPD : Toxicology
Emergency physicians are the front-line clinicians who treat poisonings. No one else should be more experienced, knowledgeable or comfortable than the emergency physician.
For more info, see the pdf about the course here.
Toxicology program highlights include:
• Identifying toxidromes.
• Determining antidotes and decontamination using
• Identifying an agitated/delirious patient with a toxic
• Dealing with patients who refuse treatment while
respecting their rights.
• Recognizing difficult/serious intoxications that
commonly kill and manage them aggressively.
• Understanding pediatric intoxications while
considering specific pediatric issues.
• Using laboratory and other tests efficiently.