Montreal - Courses and CPD One-day Seminar - Exercising Shared and Inclusive Leadership in an Interdisciplinary Setting
Duration: 1 day
CPD Credits: A request for CPD accreditation will be submitted to an authorized accrediting organization.
Registration Fees: $295 + tax
(Includes: meals, snacks and instructional materials)
Date: March 21, 2016
Location: Académie CHUM, 900 rue Saint-Denis, Montréal (Québec) H2X 0A9, Pavillon R, Salle R02-606A
More and more, physicians are called upon to work with other healthcare professionals (e.g., nursing staff, pharmacists, radiologists, nutritionists, psychologists, social workers, kinesiologists and other specialists) in response to increasingly complex healthcare issues. As a result, they are often required to preside over meetings and demonstrate leadership. However, given their position, it is not always easy for them to obtain the full cooperation and engagement of other professionals. Physicians stand to benefit from a better understanding of the human dynamics behind shared and inclusive leadership.
This seminar is based on research evidence, including the results from a study of physicians and interdisciplinary teams conducted by the instructor.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Understand how their position is influenced by human dynamics and the impact on interprofessional collaboration
- Create the conditions needed for successful shared leadership
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership skills
- Recognize the advantages and limitations of different physician leadership styles
- Effectively employ strategies fostering interprofessional collaboration in various situations (changes to practice, collaborative work, etc.)
Instructor: Céline Bareil, professor in the Department of Management at HEC Montréal